Medina County Auditor
- First assumed the office of Medina County Auditor on January 15, 1993.
- Re-elected to his seventh term in 2014.
- Served as president of the Northeast Ohio Auditors’ Association twice.
- Served as president of the statewide County Auditors’ Association of Ohio (CAAO).
- Served as a Wadsworth City Councilman from 1990-91.
- An active United States Naval Officer from 1984-1989.
- Served three decorated tours of duty in the Persian Gulf aboard destroyers and minesweepers.
- Navy Reserve Officer from 1989-1993.
- Recalled to the Naval Reserve following the terrorist attack of 9/11/2001.
- Mobilized four times between 2003 and 2008, including two overseas ground tours in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Was awarded numerous decorations including the Defense Meritorious Service Medal.
- Lifetime member of Wadsworth VFW Post #1089.
- Received Master’s Degree in Public Administration magna cum laude from the University of Akron in 1992. Named a Presidential Scholar by President George H.W. Bush.
- Graduated from Bowling Green State University in 1982 and 1983 with degrees in business administration, biology and secondary education.
- Wadsworth High School alumnus.
- Kovack and his staff have received numerous local, state, and national awards.
- In 2016 was one of two jurisdictions world-wide awarded the International Thomson Reuters Excellence in Constituent Services Award.
- Recognized for “Excellence in Accounting” by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) each year he has been in office.
- Has received 23 consecutive years of "Unqualified" audit ratings from the Ohio Auditor State.
- In 1998, he was the first Medina County Auditor to receive the “Outstanding Auditor Award” from the County Auditors’ Association of Ohio.
American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America, Brunswick Rotary, Brunswick Chamber of Commerce, Family-A-Fair, Lodi Chamber of Commerce, Medina Community Design Committee, Medina County Board of Realtors, Medina County Economic Development Corporation, Medina County Farm Bureau, Medina County Historical Society, Medina Noon Kiwanis, Medina Aerea Chamber of Commerce, Seville Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Medina County, Valley City Chamber of Commerce, Valley City Frog Jump, Wadsworth Chamber of Commerce
Founded the Medina County Adopt-A-Thon (Now Pet-Tacular!), which has found homes for over 1,000 abandoned pets over its 20 year history
- Three children, Michael, Madison and Lauren.
- Four grandchildren.
- Resides in the City of Medina.
For more information, check out Duties and Responsibilities.
Para obtener más información, consulte Servicios y Responsibilidades.